DWTD2-CBOX

Featured Video

Featured Video

Featured Video

Saturday, December 28, 2013

DWTD501's Top 10 EP's of 2013

DWTD501's Top 10 EP's of 2013

This is a list of EP's i found truly enjoyable that i listened to many times over the course of having them. Its both Signed and Unsigned bands. Despite me only posting the Unsigned stuff. 

#10


Artist: Our Last Night
Album: Oak Island [EP]
Genre: Alternative Rock/Post-Hardcore
Label: Unsigned



Why:

This EP was a great example of how the band grew as a normal everyday Post-Hardcore band with screams and clean choruses to a band that focuses more on the singing. Its a growth thing to me. This band has come a long way and this EP proves that they are getting better and better. To those who say that they suck because no screams... Well i disagree. 

Preview



#9


Artist: Strychnia
Album: Reanimated Monstrosity
Genre: Deathcore/Thrash Metal
Label: Unsigned


Why: 

First of that cover. Its brutal and makes you think well dam this must be pretty heavy if its got a gruesome cover like that. Second the elements of Thrash in this EP make them different from most Deathcore bands out. Makes them fast and makes you want to mosh. It also doesn't hurt that they have the vocalist from Dying Fetus on it. This was actually so good i even bought it myself. 

Preview


#8


Artist: Auras
Album: Panacea
Genre: Progressive Metalcore
Label: Unsigned


Why: 

I hate to say the word but this band does a great example of... ugh... "Djent"... I mainly love this EP because of its beauty instrumental work. Most these "Djent" bands have amazing instrumental works. Auras is a force to be reckoned with in the "Djent"world. 

Preview


#7


Artist: Pvris
Album: Self-Titled
Genre: Alternative/Female Fronted/Pop Punk
Label: Unsigned


Why: 

Paramore was the first thing that came to mind when jamming this EP. Im a fan of Paramore type of bands so this was an instant win. The chick makes you want to sing along. Its catchy and fun to listen to. The softer song in the EP a personal fav. For me its hard to find those female singer bands to get into. I don't hate on lady vocalists its just hard to find ones that i enjoy. This EP i really really enjoy alot.

Preview


#6


Artist: On Being Human
Album: eVe
Genre: Alternative Rock/Electronic
Label: Innovation Films


Why:

I first discovered this band from Heartist a Post-Hardcore band's Facebook page. First thing that hooked me in was the beauty behind this dudes singing. Reminded me of Dead Letter Circus. I love DLC. This is more electronic and less rockish but its just a great listen if you like that stuff. 

Preview


#5


Artist: Whether, I
Album: Dreamcatcher
Genre: Post-Hardcore
Label: Unsigned


Why: 

Whether, I... Perfect example of that screaming+clean singing Post-Hardcore bands. This band is perfect to me. I had their 2 singles on my iPod forever so glad to put this on my list. The song C'est La Vie is just amazing i mean dam. 

Preview


#4


Artist: mOcean
Album: How We Grew
Genre: Alternative Rock/Pop Punk
Label: Unsigned


Why: 

Bands like these i never look for but somehow find out of pure luck. For the life of me i cannot think of a band this band reminds me of. Thats probably a good thing. Because its a new sound. At least for me anyways. They have an Pop Punk feel to their Alternative Rock sound. It's fucking catchy drumming and guitar work and lyrics. 

Preview


#3


Artist: Climates
Album: Reconcile
Genre: Melodic Hardcore
Label: Unsigned


Why: 

This was considered a single on iTunes and stuff because its only 2 songs but fuck it its an EP in my eyes. Meaningful lyrics and amazing ambient type of guitar is what makes Melodic Hardcore my fav genre. This ep takes the gold for best Melo hardcore EP release for me. 

Preview


#2


Artist: From Ashes to New
Album: Self-Titled
Genre: Nu Metal/Metalcore
Label: Unsigned


Why: 

Linkin Park fan? Then this EP is a must listen. Fucking catchy choruses and great MC work. Again another genre i don't really look for but somehow find awesome bands who represent it. I'm proud to say ill buy a physical of this here EP. Sadly they are out at the moment but when they get more i'll be all over that shit. 

Preview


#1


Artist: Fallujah
Album: Nomadic
Genre: Atmospheric/Blackened/Progressive Death Metal
Label: Unique Leader Records


Why: 

Fallujah oh my god. Fallujah oh my god. This is one of my all time favorite bands. As soon as this came on iTunes instant buy. So much atmosphere in their sound. Going from straight up brutal blackened death to a song atmospheric song in the middle to brutal again. This band right here is a perfect... fucking perfect example of a in sync and skilled band. Seen them live 4 times too so i can say from experience these guys are perfect live. 

Preview



No comments:

Post a Comment